Are you dreaming of a campsite by the sea near Arcachon?
Sea air, a warm and relaxed atmosphere, proximity to the Dune du Pilat, ranked by The Guardian magazine as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world: take advantage of the nearby sea, of this wild coastline that Jean Cocteau defined as a “Far West where you would think you were in the first ages of the World” for your next holiday in New Aquitaine.
You can take advantage of the nearby beaches of the campsite near Arcachon to spend days around the pleasures of the ocean and relaxation during your stay in one of our campsites. Discover our selection of the most beautiful beaches of Gironde accessible from the campsite by the sea in Arcachon. For a stay based on the pleasures of water, you can enjoy the swimming pool of our water park, adapted to children.
Camping Arcachon 4 stars by the sea
Ideally located 5 km from the waters of the Bassin d’Arcachon and 12 km from the Atlantic Ocean, the 4-star Arcachon campsite by the sea of La Forge invites you to enjoy the calm of the Bassin or the sublime ocean waves every day for swimming, water sports and aquatic leisure activities. The access to the edge of the Basin, on the side of the salt meadows, requires about ten minutes by car and less than twenty minutes by pedal.
You can also reach the Dune du Pilat in half an hour by bike and in 15 minutes by car. The Arbousiers beach and the Pereire beach to the west of Arcachon are only 20 minutes away. The central beach, bordered by the casino, is 11km from the 4-star Arcachon campsite by the sea at La Forge. Less than 6km away, the beach at La Hume is ideal for families enjoying the calm waters of the Bassin. It can be reached in 12 minutes by car and 20 minutes by bike along the Canal des Landes.
Enjoy the seaside on the Bay of Arcachon
Staying at Domaine de la Forge means being in the heart of the Arcachon Basin, one of the most beautiful tourist sites in France. Arcachon has a sublime heritage with its winter town, its world-famous oyster farming, its Abatilles thermal water with very low mineral content… The natural site of the Dune du Pilat, which overlooks the splendid and wild Banc d’Arguin, offers nature between land and sea… Lège Cap-Ferret, the wildest part of the Bassin d’Arcachon, is reached by the Arcachon boatmen… In this region, you will enjoy all the pleasures of the ocean: fishing, boat trips, swimming, lazing around, surfing, a gastronomy and a land based on sea products and a generous nature.
Seaside activities in the Basin
The Bay of Arcachon is an ideal stretch of water for many outdoor activities and water sports. Its shores are home to oyster farms where you can taste the best oysters on the coast. The salt meadows form a network of canals to discover by canoe or boat. The waters of the Basin can be explored on boat trips, ideally aboard sailing boats or pinasses, which will take you to discover the cabanes tchanquées on the Ile aux Oiseaux.
Oyster farmers and fishermen also take visitors on board for the duration of a tide to help them discover these essential activities of the Basin. On the Atlantic side, the ocean beaches of the Bassin d’Arcachon are appreciated for their fine sand: between the small, intimate beaches near the oyster farming villages and the large family beaches, those who like to swim and relax have the choice. The beaches of Lège-Cap Ferret and La Teste-de-Buch are particularly popular with surfers and other thrill-seekers who find the swell ideal for water sports and sailing.
Camping near the beaches of Arcachon
- La Corniche beach: 13 km from the campsite near the beaches of Arcachon, at the foot of the Dune du Pilat, the Corniche beach faces the Arguin bank. Accessible by a staircase, it is not suitable for people with reduced mobility. The Corniche beach is supervised during July and August and is equipped with sanitary facilities. It offers a sublime panorama of the ocean, the dune and the Banc d’Arguin reserve.
- La Hume beach: La Hume beach is a family beach on the Bay of Arcachon, located less than 6 km from the La Forge campsite, which makes it the closest beach to the campsite. It is bordered by the coastal path which offers great walking opportunities. It has a type 2 handi-beach label and is supervised during the summer.
- The Petit Nice beach: accessible to people with reduced mobility, it has been awarded the “Handi-plage” label for its reserved parking spaces, its access ramp and water pumps, its sound and smell terminals dedicated to the hearing and visually impaired, as well as its adapted sanitary facilities and changing rooms. Supervised every day from the beginning of July to the beginning of September, the Petit Nice beach is located south of the Dune du Pilat, opposite the Banc d’Arguin, 18 km from the La Forge campsite.
- Arcachon beach: very lively, the central beach in Arcachon is lined with restaurants and shops. It is a family beach with lifeguards and children’s clubs. Famous for its Thiers pier, it is located less than 12 km from the La Forge campsite.
- The beach of Horizon: magnificent stretch of sand of Lège Cap Ferret, one comes to the beach of Horizon the well named for the majestic point of view which it offers on the immensity of the ocean. Very close to the village and the ambient animation, it is served by a small famous train which acts as shuttle between the waters of the Basin and the Atlantic. It is a family beach not to be missed.